Sufficient pressure through spa jets

I have a recently started-up 8k gal pool/spa - there is a single intelliflo vs pump, dual main drains in both the pool and spa, and two skimmers. The spa has 6 jets for 'spa mode' and 2 returns for pushing water over the spillway in 'pool mode'. There are two air-blowers plumbed into the jets and four metal air grids in the spa floor. The jets have a fitting in them that is a rotating dual-orifice plate. The pressure when in spa mode (all water coming through the 6 jets, all suction through the spa drains) is pretty weak. The spa model runs the pump suction through all the equipment (filter, heater, heat-pump, uv light) before returning to the spa (it does skip the chlorinator). The pump is set to highest speed in spa mode.

My thought is the weak jets are the result of either:

1. The wrong (for my amount of pressure) fittings on the jets
2. Not having a bypass on the spa suction to go from spa drains to pump to heater and then straight back to spa jets without passing thru filter, heat pump, uv,.

I can't imagine that this pump isn't big enough for 6 jets in my not very big pool.

The equipment is about 25ft from the Spa, 2" pipes.

Any suggestions? Obviously I am going to discuss with PB but wanted to get prepared on what to ask for.

Thanks!

Is that a single run of 2" pipe to and from the spa? If so, that is an issue.

What is the filter pressure when in spa jet mode at full RPM?

What type/size filter do you have and does it have a multi-port filter?

Do you know or can you find out the part # for the venturi tees?

Relying on so called "Professionals" is the main reason many people on this forum have issues with their spas. Most PBs have no idea how to build properly operating spas.

Thanks All.

Pump is a 3hp intelliflo - max speed 3450RPM

I have a 420 cartridge filter.

Normal pressure is about 15psi at 2250 RPM

Spa pressure is about 30psi at 3450 RPM

There is a single 3" spa return line leaving the equipment pad, I am honestly not sure what's run underground to the spa (if there's a manifold that splits this off at the spa) and 2 2.5" air blower lines (1 from each air blower).

They are rotating jets, but they don't look like the photo on waterway website. I have a note into the PB.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I found the fittings on the jets -

Waterway 212-9171 Rotating 1-1/2in. MPT Eyeball Assembly, Black

Waterway rotating 1 1/2" eyeball

The filter pressure is pretty high and it might indicate blockage in one or more of the jets. My suggestion would be to have the PB remove all the jet nozzles from the venturi tees and to flush out the lines. They sometimes get debris in them during construction.

Originally, you said the spa lines were 2" but are they really 3"?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.