Big Pool Project - finishing advice (diamond brite, tile)

skavan

Aug 28, 2015
Connecticut
Hi all,

Building a monster pool for my Villa in Jamaica. Pool is poured and awaiting my decisions on finish.
Here a render:

overhead.jpg

It seems the only finish that I can get anyone to apply locally is diamond brite...so that's what I'm going to have to go with.
So - the big questions i need to resolve are:

1. What diamond brite finish. I am leaning towards either:
    • steel blue (8 x tahoe blue + 2 x onyx) or
    • bahama breeze (9x tahoe + 1 x onyx)
    • ocean blue (4 x midnight blue + 4 x french grey + 2 x onyx
  2. What scum tile color/pattern should I use (including over the infinity edge)
  3. How should I treat the steps and the tanning ledges
  4. How should I treat the spa.

I can't seem to find more than a couple of pictures out there of steel blue and ocean blue seems quite dark. Any readers got any pics they post? Or opinions?
This is the kind of color and look I'm trying to get:
target_look.jpg

I'll post some more pics (renders and actual construction) in a sec.

stg-Scene%2017.0000_zpsortlmexq.jpg
and some more renders:
stg-Scene%204.0000_zps2tmjuv5r.jpg

stg-Scene%2011.0000_zpspbdjf33w.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

and some possible glass tile choices...anyone know of a good place to get a great deal on something like this?

Main scum line tile idea:
Mosaic%20Tile_zpsrweksnqn.jpg

Spa Tile:
Spa%20Tile_zpskae951ek.jpg

Isn't your build going to be in Jamaica? Few of us on this forum would have any knowledge of places to buy in Jamaica. Are you going to build it yourself?

You had a lighting thread about a year ago on here that dropped rather abruptly. Did you find out what you needed to know?

I have to buy EVERYTHING in the USA (preferably Miami) and ship to Miami. All lighting and jets etc.. are done :).
I have a local Jamaican pool finisher who will take material (so long as its diamond brite) and do the install.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.