Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cleaning DE Filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Cleaning DE Filter

What do I do with the water and DE in the bottom of the filter? There may be a drain plug, yet it's up against the side of the house and then DE would go all over the place.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bill
    The Woodlands, TX
    in-ground plaster pool, hot tub overflow to pool (16,000 gallons), 48 sq ft Nautilus FNS DE filter, gas heater, dual main drains pool & hot tub, chlorine source bleach (10%) & trichlor tablets 2-3 times/yr, Taylor K-2006 kit, 55-60 gallons per minute flow

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cleaning DE Filter

Could I put the top of the filter back on and then put multiport valve to backwash or waste and run the pump for 1-2 minutes then turn off the pump and take off the lid? I'm realizing that there would be lots of air without the filter grids. The grids are soaking in TSP now and then will do acid soak.
    Bill
    The Woodlands, TX
    in-ground plaster pool, hot tub overflow to pool (16,000 gallons), 48 sq ft Nautilus FNS DE filter, gas heater, dual main drains pool & hot tub, chlorine source bleach (10%) & trichlor tablets 2-3 times/yr, Taylor K-2006 kit, 55-60 gallons per minute flow