Montreal
Hey guys,

Just completed my first test using the Taylor K2006. Here are my results:

FAS-DPD FC +CC = 0
PH = 7.4
TA = 100
CH = 90
CYA = 0

Yeah I know, these don't look good... The thing is, it took about 3 weeks for my kit to come home, so all I had was my normal OTO tester.

Anyways, I know my chlorine is probably dead due to the fact that my CYA is at 0 and my pool is directly under the sun, no cover whatsoever. Seeing that my chlorine was at 0, I decided to hit the super chlorinate function on my chlorine generator. This will super chlorinate for 24hrs.

My question is: can I add stablizer to raise the CYA when the super chlorinate function is running?

Can't do an OCLT if there is no chlorine.

The super chlorinate will probably not do enough to help you but it will certainly shorten the life of your cell.

1. Calculate enough liquid chlorine to get your pool to 3-4 ppm

2. Calculate enough CYA to get to 30 ppm and put it in.

I would turn the cell back to normal and see if you can get your FC stabilized. Reading between the lines, I do not think you have a complete grasp of how critical it is to keep chlorine in your pool.

read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School.......that'll help you get going down the right path..

Can't do an OCLT if there is no chlorine.

The super chlorinate will probably not do enough to help you but it will certainly shorten the life of your cell.

1. Calculate enough liquid chlorine to get your pool to 3-4 ppm

2. Calculate enough CYA to get to 30 ppm and put it in.

I would turn the cell back to normal and see if you can get your FC stabilized. Reading between the lines, I do not think you have a complete grasp of how critical it is to keep chlorine in your pool.

read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School.......that'll help you get going down the right path..

1) For CYA, how long should I wait before re-testing my pool? 24 hrs? After getting it to 30, should I add more until I hit the recommended levels or should I perform an OCLT like suggested?

2) Salt level on my chlorine generator displays 3800ppm. I know it is too much. My water feels a little bit gooey, could it be because of the high level of salt, or is there something wrong in my water that is not visible to the eye? What can I do to fix this?

Many thanks

You will get more answers, but let me add my two cents

1- CYA will disolver in about 48h it was recommended to wait for a full week, but I think now you can test earlier, is good to have it at 30 in case you fail OCLT and need to do a slam, if you pass OCLT then you can raise it to 70 or 80.

2- salt look like a little high, but I will check what your swg manufacturer recommended, if your swg is happy, I will live it like that, splash and water replacement will lower your salt eventually... ?

Starting day 5/25/2015 INTEX AGP 24'x12'x54" 8,400 gal, with salt and borax, INTEX 3,000 GPH pump with 16"sand filter, WM Hayward Skimmer, Intex SWG CG-28669, 1 1/2" hard plumbed PVC, Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test
http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/128-chlorine-cya-chart-slam-shock

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.