Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair 011018 "DISPLAY NOT ACTIVE!" driving me insane

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair 011018 "DISPLAY NOT ACTIVE!" driving me insane

While I'm trying to program my Pentair 011018. the LCD constantly switches to "DISPLAY NOT ACTIVE!" if I don't press a button for more than half a second. It drives me insane and makes programming the pump 20X more difficult. Is there any way to disable this during programming? Why on earth would they ever even make this a feature?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair 011018 "DISPLAY NOT ACTIVE!" driving me insane

bump

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Display disabled is only when its hooked up to some type of controller like an easytouch, intellitouch or sun touch in which case you should be able to program from there... is there a black long cable plugged into the side of the pump?
    David Randolph
    Warranty Station
    Pentair
    Jandy
    Owner Sac Pool Pros

4. Back To Top    #4

Toe,

That is what my Intelliflo says when the EasyTouch is connected... Do you have a standalone pump or is it connected to an automation system?

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Jimrahbe View Post
    Toe,

That is what my Intelliflo says when the EasyTouch is connected... Do you have a standalone pump or is it connected to an automation system?

Jim R.
    I have a Solar Touch (not a Sun Touch) controller for the solar panels, but all that really does is toggle the pump between the speed I set for when the solar warming panels are active, and when they are not. It can't control anything else about the pump (aside from some priming and solar valve related operations). Even if I disable the Solar Touch controller via its interface, I still get the DISPLAY NOT ACTIVE dialogue.

6. Back To Top    #6

Toe,

When you say you "disable" the Solar Touch, does this mean you remove the connector at the pump end???

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

7. Back To Top    #7

No, I just hold down the main button on the Solar Touch for 3 seconds until it says "disabled." After that it is no longer controlling the pump.

8. Back To Top    #8

When I disable the Solartouch by holding down the enter button I am able to program the pump from the pump. If that doesn't work then unplugging the comm cable from the pump will work.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

I have the same pump and solar controller and disabling it never works for me. I just disconnect the com cable while programming and reconnect when done.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

10. Back To Top    #10

Hmm, I got mine in May 2014. Maybe it is newer and that is a new feature.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach