aquapure problem?

May 16, 2016
millstone nj
Hello, I had a new gunite pool built and it was completed in may. I signed up for the pool company's chemical testing package and they come out every 2 weeks and test chemicals and put whatever is needed. My question is that ever since the pool was started, the chlorine levels have been very low, almost zero. Every time they come they have to shock the pool with powder shock. I asked them if this is normal and they say since it is hot in NJ that the chlorine may be burning off. I had the aquapure set at 65%, but the last 2 weeks they told me to set it to 95% and leave it there to see if the chlorine levels go up, they havent. Checked this morning and still almost 0. I want them to come out and seeif maybe the swg isnt working? The salt level is 3500 and like i said it is set to 95%. the pool runs from 8am to 8pm, everyday. any info would be appreciated. btw, the pool is a freeform gunite 51x21, approx 40k gallons.

Do you have your own test kit... one of the ones we recommend? Even when using a pool service you should have your own to monitor what's in your water.

Please add a signature line with pool size, equipment and model numbers of equipment to help us.

What type of powder are they putting in every 2 weeks?? They only come every 2 weeks??? How big is your SWG? Is it possibly undersized for your pool?

Please do a full set of tests using a recommended kit and tell us:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

Then we'll have an idea of what's going on in your water.

Yippee :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.