Buy trichlor tips

nityntiy

May 17, 2016
Dallas, TX
I am in Dallas, it's 100+ outside and I have to refill water every week in my 14400 gallon pool. Normally I drop 3 Trichlor tablets in the dispenser to maintain chlorine level which dissolves in a week or so at this temperature. Also uses bleach to raise the FC as necessary. I am running out of Trichlor. Just wondering should I get another 25lbs bucket or is there a different way to maintain CYA/Chlorine level during summer heat. Since the water gets refilled weekly, I don't have issue with high CYA level so far. I guess it's too low, need to test it as I am out of R0013C as well. R0013E is on it's way.

So what's the best way to maintain Cl2 and CYA? Where can I get best price for Trichlor?

Thanks in Advance!

PoolSupplyWorld PSW-CSC140 3in. Chlorine Tablets 25 lb Bucket (Tri-Chlor)

Pool Chlorine Tablets - 3 Inch Chlorine Tablets for Swimming Pools

Why are you refilling water? Remember, evaporation increases the concentration of CYA. So putting that water back in does not help the overall problem of CYA increase. You need to get a good test kit, either a TF-100 or a K-2006C. Read Pool School, and stop using tabs.
Once you have the kit, take a full set of readings and post them like duraleigh requested.

As others have pointed out, unless you are loosing water due to a leak CYA stays behind when water evaporates. It is this fact that gets more people in trouble with CYA.

When do you think you will have your replacement reagents for your K2006?

You had a bad algae issue a couple of months ago, but stopped posting in the middle if the SLAM. Have you cleared up all those issues?

Thanks for the responses guys. Got little busy that didn't get time to follow up with the post.
My test results from 5 minutes ago

FC - 1ppm
PH - 7.6ppm
TA - 70 ppm
CYA - 70 ppm

Man. You guys were right. I was under the assumption refilling/rain consumes the CYA that I kept adding 3 tabs weekly. The tremendous heat drops the water level below the skimmer line that I had to refill water every week(about 1-2 inch)

I ordered another 50 lbs Trichlor online over the weekend and they just shipped it. I guess I need to reduce the tab usage moving forward. Just stick with bleach for now since I have high CYA level already?

@tim5055 - Thanks for inquiring. Yes the Algae problem was solved by SLAM. Just kept adding bleach and cleaned up the pool until the water cleared up.

Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.