Help! Can't get pump foot to attach to base

Jun 30, 2015
raleigh/nc
Upgrading pump and sand filter system. Pentair Sand Dollar. My problem is I don't understand the instructions or I am not strong enough or both...I am trying to attach the pump to the base. The instructions say to slide the pump foot between the claw fasteners and the release latch. Seat the pump by pushing down on it until the release latch clicks into place on the pump foot. Then put in the 2 small lag bolts. I have tried pushing on the pump but the plastic underneath does not give. Is the pump foot supposed to be on top of the release latch when you push down? I feel stupid this can't be as hard as it seems... Sally

Should slide under the grooves, as far as it goes, then push down on the side with the latch.. (it goes between the filter and the part marked release. If I can figure pictures out, I will post both sides

- - - Updated - - -

The lag screws are what hold the pump foot plate to the base. It is a special thread, so take care not to loose them.

I don't know about the foot pump, latches and such with out pictures. BUT,,,,,,,if it's gonna be hard plumbed with PVC pipe, I wouldn't put those lag screws in.

IMG_0784.jpg Photo by dobelover | Photobucket
IMG_0783.jpg Photo by dobelover | Photobucket
IMG_0781.jpg Photo by dobelover | Photobucket
IMG_0780.jpg Photo by dobelover | Photobucket

yes, it just sits there. The click come after you slide it into the grooves, it may be on the part that says release me by 1/4 inch. Then when you push down that plastic part will click. However i was just able to slide it under and it had no reason to click...If the base of the motor is flat on the plastic mounting base, and the holes in the motor base line up, put your lag bolts in and your golden.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.