Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Quick TF100 newb testing question

1. Back To Top    #1

Quick TF100 newb testing question

Some of the tests say something along the lines of... "when the water turns to red" you are done, then multiply by X, etc...

If the water turns to a light version of the color that they specify, am I done? If I add 1 more drop it turns to a darker version of that. Should I be counting that extra drop? ie. they are asking for red, it may turn light red at 4 drops and darker red at 5. Which one should I be going with?

Thanks!
    24' round AGP - 15,200 Gallons - Hayward Sand Filter - Hayward Swimpro LX Pump 1HP - Vinyl Liner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Quick TF100 newb testing question

Keep adding and counting drops until the extra drop shows no change in color.
    20x40 rectangle IG vinyl, 22000 gallons, non-SWG, sand filter, 1.5 hp Hayward super pump, self-priming,
    TF-100 test kit, speedstir, Dolphin Deluxe 4 Robotic pool cleaner, Poolblaster Ivac M3 vacuum.

3. Back To Top    #3

Like 1stand3rd says, it's a color change test. It should change to a red color but the test is not done until the last drop you put in makes no noticeable difference to the color. Then SUBTRACT that last drop and multiply by the multiplier to find you value. Don't forget the subtracting the last drop part. Because there was no change on that drop, it's not counted. But you cannot know if that drop is going to make a change until you put it in!
    26k Gal IG vinyl, Hayward Super 1HP, Hayward Pro Series S244T Sand Filter, TFTestkits TF-100 w/ Speedstir
    Links: TFPC for Beginners / ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry / GETTING STARTED / PoolMath / SLAM / TFTestkits / Chlorine/CYA Chart

4. Back To Top    #4

If you're thinking of the TA test.. mine turns pink at 8 drops, then HOT PINK at 9 drops, and no change at 10 drops. So my TA is 90. Does that help any?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

5. Back To Top    #5

Ah that helps a lot! Thanks everyone!

24' round AGP - 15,200 Gallons - Hayward Sand Filter - Hayward Swimpro LX Pump 1HP - Vinyl Liner