Mr. Clean Magic Erasers?

chayne

Bronze Supporter
i have been noticing that the top of my vinyl where the top rail is has gotten kinda dark and sticky. i have tried to use the pool water and a brush to clean it but to no avail. i tried a magic eraser on it this morning and it worked. i just have to make sure that none of the "shavings" from the eraser get in the pool. was curious if anyone has used this method or if someone might have a better cleaning method?

I use the ME to clean my skimmer. Don't worry about the sponge bits, completely non-reactive and the skimmer/filter will catch them.

Careful on vinyl though. The ME has a micro-textured surface roughness, it will act like sandpaper. Scrubbing too hard can scuff the vinyl surface and damage the underlying patten.

i have been noticing that the top of my vinyl where the top rail is has gotten kinda dark and sticky. i have tried to use the pool water and a brush to clean it but to no avail. i tried a magic eraser on it this morning and it worked. i just have to make sure that none of the "shavings" from the eraser get in the pool. was curious if anyone has used this method or if someone might have a better cleaning method?

Magic erasers are what I use on my Intex pool too! They are amazing!

I also used them on my white fiberglass pool at my last house. They were fantastic on that as well.

I know when I was cleaning to top rail vinyl on my pool it was the only thing I have found that is actually cleaning it up. I tried a microfiber with simple green sprayed on it and literally it did nothing but smear. I got my ME out and it broke it down. Still got more to go but it is cleaning it up. They just don't last very long. May have to break down and get the heavy duty ones

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I used to use these all the time for my vinyl liner. However, this year I noticed there is significant wear on the water line from using these and probably scrubbing too hard. Nothing I have found cleans as well, however I'm afraid I will completely ruin my liner if I continue using them.

After having pretty bad black staining into my liner at the water line for 2 years I finally found the magic erasers! It was truly a miracle and I used every thing I could think of to get the staining out. Plus it took a very minimal amount of scrubbing. Two seasons later I do not have any scum/black marks on the water line. Go for it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Anyone hear about putting these in the skimmer to filter stuff out of the water? Is there any risk in trying this out? What are those made of?

Yep. In fact, here is the first result from a search for magic eraser: Magic Eraser

Well, malamine is somewhat toxic, you already have some in your TF-100 though if you want it in your pool. It's the CYA reagent. Formaldehyde is not something I would intentionally add to my pool. Sodium bisufulate is what is sold as dry acid. And water, which your pool has some already. That's all a Magic Eraser is.

What is it supposed to filter out of pool water anyway? This is the sort of thing propagated by people who don't have a clue about water chemistry. If you read a pool care tip on Facebook, it's probably fake. Save the Magic Eraser for what they are designed for and Facebook for pictures of the family.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.