IC 40 Flow light delay

Vapor

Jun 7, 2014
Nj
Recently I noticed that the flow light is slow to turn from red to green when the pump turns on. Returns show strong flow and filter pressure is 5psi over initial charge with DE. When the pump turns off the flow light stays green for some time despite no flow. I washed out the cell with a hose and also did a muriatic acid wash this morning hoping this will fix it. Any other recs? We are 1 yr into a 3 yr warranty

Sounds like a little bit of a built in delay in the circuit. I've never noticed it but it sounds pretty normal to me. Why is it a problem that needs to be fixed?

Be cautious with washing the cell with MA, each time you do reduces the life of the cell a bit. Especially if you wash it when there is no scale present. Only wash the cell with MA when scale is present. I have not washed my cell in 5 swim seasons.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.