Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Do I have the hottest pool or what? 104 degrees...

1. Back To Top    #1

Do I have the hottest pool or what? 104 degrees...

My pool equipment logged 104 degrees F in my pool water while I was on vacation!

I'm in central Texas, I had the solar cover on to control evaporation, my pool has no shade, and my pool is built on a slope so one side of the pool is exposed to the afternoon sun (that's the kicker... the concrete wall that forms the back side of my pool is always hot to the touch from noon well into the evening)

Now we're back I've removed the solar cover, the first day or two the temp stayed over 100 but it's come down to mid 90's now.

Anyone else have pool water over a hundred F?

And no it's not water accidentally leaking into a solar array or a mistimed heater... I don't have a solar array nor a heater!
    Pool: 16,000 gallons, 16x31, 500SqFt gunite pool, White Pebbletec interior, built by Cody Pools. Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 pump, Pentair Clean & Clear 420 Cartridge Filter, In-line chlor with Ultra UV, PV3 Infloor cleaning, Pentair Easytouch-P4 control. TF-100
    Spa: 525 Gallons, Coast fiberglass spa of unknown vintage and suspect previous care with a 2-speed main pump and a blower motor, both 4HP. 3-step bromine sanitized.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Do I have the hottest pool or what? 104 degrees...

If you put a cover on it in the heat we are having right now, I could easily see it reaching 100 degrees. Ours registers 92 in the afternoon right now. I'm not sure if that's accurate because our equipment is in direct sunlight along with the sensor. Water stays cool in the summer through evaporation. So putting a cover on it will enhance the heating exponentially in this heat.

Matt
    19,600 Gallons, 34'x24' Cloud Shape, 3.5'-6'-4', 2 Skimmers, 4 returns, natural gray plaster, Oklahoma Flagstone, NPT Silverstone Ocean Blue waterline and maker tiles, Pentair IC40 SWG, Pentair FNS Plus 60 DE Filter, Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST, Pentair EasyTouch 4, Pentair Intellibrite 5g Color Led light, Polaris 280 cleaner, 1.5 ton moss rock waterfall, 785 sq. ft. exposed aggregate deck, and mosaic crab on bench, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Oh, man 95 degrees yesterday, waiting for lower temperature... 😊

Starting day 5/25/2015 INTEX AGP 24'x12'x54" 8,400 gal, with salt and borax, INTEX 3,000 GPH pump with 16"sand filter, WM Hayward Skimmer, Intex SWG CG-28669, 1 1/2" hard plumbed PVC, Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

4. Back To Top    #4

Our pool is close to 90 ...need to have a ice truck stop by lol
    24' x 52" VINYL AG 15,200 GAL.
    HAYWARD POWER FLOW LX 1.5 HP
    HAYWARD SAND FILTER
    Taylor K-2006

5. Back To Top    #5

92 degree water here in Middle TN this weekend.. Need to add some due to evaporation today. Maybe will cool it down a touch!
    18x36 IG vinyl 18,000 gal, Hayward super pump 1hp - 1.5" pipe, Pentair Triton TR-60 sand, Pentair Itellichlor IC-40 SWG, Pentair Intellibrite 5G 12v color LED light, Polaris 280 cleaner, Hayward Booster pump, Intermatic Power / Timers.

6. Back To Top    #6

I had the same thing last month when we were on vacation. Solar cover on the whole time and water temp got to almost 100. It came down within a few days back to normal.

Coleman 18'x48' AGP
    Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump 2800GPH
    Intex SWG
    **Under Construction** :)

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

I have been to 103 before due to the heater being left on too long. Currently mine is at 90 from a week in the sun with the cover on and us out of town on vacation.
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

8. Back To Top    #8

Can I borrow some of your hot water? My pool has not gotten over 80 this summer. I have a ton of oak trees surrounding it (hopefully will be removed by next summer). We had a party this past weekend and everyone thought it was cold.. haha.
    18x36 inground / 28k gal / Phanton vinyl liner (replaced in 2009) / Hayward Pro Series sand filter / Hayward 1hp pool pump / Hayward 3/4hp booster pump

9. Back To Top    #9

I don't know if your have the hottest pool, but it does sound like you have the biggest hot tub.
    In ground, 14,000 gallon, white plaster, unheated, stone waterfall, DE Filter, Rainbow 320 Cl, Polaris 3900, FloVis flow meter, F100 test kit, Circupool RJ30+ SWG, Circupool VJ1/Speck Badu EcoM3V variable speed pump.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    I don't know if your have the hottest pool, but it does sound like you have the biggest hot tub.
    That's a positive way of looking at it. I can't imagine swimming in a 100 degree pool. Mine hit 91 today so I hooked up my cooler to run overnight. I like 82 to 85.

11. Back To Top    #11

Mine is at 95 and the fountain has been running all day.