Hayward Pool Heater HF error code

May 15, 2015
Warren, Ohio
So, last night my pool heater had an HF error code on the screen and the blower was running constantly. I powered down the heater and then turned it back on to the same error and blower running.

This morning the heater seems to be operating correctly without any error codes.

I'm thankful for the heater working correctly today, but I fear the issue last night is a premonition of things to come.

I've researched the issue and found that the issue is either a bad gas valve or control board. I went out this morning to test the voltage to the valve to determine the root cause but found the heater operating properly. So, its hard to determine root cause if the heater is working well....:-(

Do any of the experts here have any suggestions other than wait on a repeat occurrence?

Hayward 150,000 BTU Natural Gas Heater
Model: H150FDN

https://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals/UHSDiagnostics.pdf

Troubleshooting steps:
  1. Reset heater, cycle line power off and on.
  2. If the code is still present, the Gas Valve may be defective. If 24VAC is not present at gas valve, valve is defective.
  3. Otherwise, replace the ICB.

Thanks for your help in advance

- - - Updated - - -

Screen Shot 2016-07-24 at 8.37.12 AM.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.