Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Want to add Stenner pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Kansas City. Missouri

Want to add Stenner pump

I have a 51000 gal concrete plaster new pool currently have rainbow 320. With 3hp vs pump. Pool has auto covered and stays covered most of the time. Want to switch to Stenner pump for chlorine. What size pump ? Would like to be able to adjust easily. Do the orp sensors work or should I just put on a timer? All equipment is inside.
    24x48 ig plaster 52,000 gal. Intelliflo vs 3hp. tg 100sand Raypak 406 gas 320 chlorinater. Aquamatic cover. 2" plumbing. Covered conditioned pool equipment room. 12 ft 3/4 meter diving board turbo twister slide. Kansas City MO. Tf 100

2. Back To Top    #2

Woodland, Ca

Re: Want to add Stenner pump

I would first determine how much chlorine you need and what strength you plan on using. I went with the 17gpd model that doses 1.82oz a minute. I liked the idea of a reduced run time with less wear and tear. I run it on a timer for 23 minutes to sustain my fc at the appropriate level for my cya. The woods timer greatly simplifies things, but I am considering one of the smart timers or connecting it to my automation. I would like the ability to add a few extra ounces of chlorine without having to go press the timer lazy I know.
    20.5K gunite (37'x15') rectangle (3.5'-7') deep-- MicroFusion Laguna finish -- Jandy vs pump, cartridge and aqualink rs -- Polaris 360 Black -- 2 Laminar jets -- 2 nichless 30w color led -- 550sq/ft Heliocol solar -- Soft water auto fill -- Stenner 17gpd (1.82oz/min)