Nature 2 Fusion - Worth Using and Buying New Mineral Cartridge???

Cody

Bronze Supporter
Aug 17, 2014
Prosper, TX
When I built my pool 2 years ago, I got upsold so I have a Nature 2 Fusion, which is a combo in-line chlorinator and also a mineral cartridge.

First of all, I'm not using the in-line chlorinator at all because I've adopted the Trouble Free method...bleach only for me.

The mineral part is what I'm wondering about. When I purchased, I was told the mineral cartridge works using the same concept as a wishing well, or a fountain with coins thrown in. The minerals from the coins help to sanitize the water. I was told this would help with my pool as well, and would also help the water have a better "feel" to it. The replacement cartridges are expensive, and it's almost time for me to order a new one IF I KEEP USING IT. Looking for feedback here to see if anyone wants to chime in.

Thoughts?

This topic comes up a couple of times per week, if you use the forum search you will see that these mineral systems are universally frowned upon here. Not only do we suggest people to not invest in them, we advise people with them to remove or disable them.

p.s. that sales tactic is a half truth, and one of the things I personally dislike most about mineral systems. It is true that Copper is an effective algaecide, which means you will tend to have clear water, the problem is Copper is not very effective against viruses and bacteria so you can have clear, but not sanitized water. Where as with a Chlorine pool we use lack of visible algae as a proxy for a sanitized pool since Chlorine effectively kills Algae, as well as bacteria and viruses which are not visible to the naked eye at about the same rate.

Thanks for the input. Looks like I'm going to have a really expensive portion of PVC at my equipment! :)

If I have to leave town for several days I guess I'll occasionally utilize the in-line chlorinator part, but I'm done with mineral cartridges.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.