IC60 chlorinator has no longer has power

npkr

Feb 9, 2013
A few days ago I noticed my four year old Intellichlor IC60 was not working- no lights, nothing. Checked plug connection to the Intellitouch i9+3S panel and it was ok. Flipped the circuit breakers- no change.

Searched online and found that the Pentair Power Center fuse may blow and replacing it may take care of the problem. However, the fuse on the Power Center right behind the plug for the IC60 is not present behind the plug on the bottom of the Intellitouch panel. Maybe this is because it has circuit breakers instead?

Is there a replaceable 10 or 12 amp slo boo fuse inside the intellitouch panel that I can only access if I open it up?

Or is it more likely my IC60 is fried?

Everything else seems to work fine (pump) with power going to landscape lights through the intellitouch electrical panel.

Any ideas on what the problem may be?

Thank you

On the EasyTouch there is a SWG Circuit Breaker on the upper right corner of the main panel. It is marked Intellichlor. I suspect it is the same on your IntelliTouch. Also, if I fold the top of the panel down I can see the large red wires leaving the CB and going to SWG power supply card. On mine when the unit is powered up, there is an LED that lights up..it is D7 and says something like "SWG Power". Not sure that will be the same on the IntelliTouch, but something to look at.

Jim R.

On the EasyTouch there is a SWG Circuit Breaker on the upper right corner of the main panel. It is marked Intellichlor. I suspect it is the same on your IntelliTouch. Also, if I fold the top of the panel down I can see the large red wires leaving the CB and going to SWG power supply card. On mine when the unit is powered up, there is an LED that lights up..it is D7 and says something like "SWG Power". Not sure that will be the same on the IntelliTouch, but something to look at.

Jim R.

Jimrahbe- thank you.

Do you mean when the SWG cell is powered up the green LED lights up or just when the control panel is powered?

I checked voltage at the plug at the bottom of the panel box for the Intellichlor unit. Reads 2.4 V which is well below the 22-39 DC V I should be getting so it may be that there is something wrong with the transformer or circuit breaker. But if I have a dead SWG cell, will the green LED behind the upper (low voltage) panel still be green? Or does the cell actually have to be on for the green LED behind the panel to be lit. I am going to check it out tomorrow.

If the green LED light isn't on, and with the measured voltage at the intellichlor plug outlet being low, what should be the next step? Should I change out the low voltage 12 amp circuit breaker? It doesn't look tripped but I'm not sure what they look like when tripped as I've never seen a CB like it before. Or should I just call a technician?

I suspect it only means that the power supply (Transformer and circuit card) are working. I suggest you check to make sure the input side of the SWG transformer has power. This AC input power should be coming from your filter/pump relay, which could be bad. This could be wired as 220 volts or 115 volts so you will need to check the color codes on the transformer to make sure you are getting what it needs. Color codes and voltages are marked on the inside of the door. If the AC input is good then I'd check the AC output of the transformer. I'm not sure what the output voltage is supposed to be but I'd guess around 35 volts AC. If the AC output is good then I'd suspect the small card with the LED is bad.

The next thing I'd do is call Pentair and double check your findings and see what they say. Obviously, if under warranty have them take care of it.

Jim R.

There is, or should be, a fuse in the power center. Look on the bottom and there should be a gray plastic circle with a slot in it. That is the fuse holder tick a screwdriver in that and press gently and turn counter-clockwise. The fuse should pop right out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.