Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Clutter Control!

1. Back To Top    #1

Clutter Control!

image.jpg
    Hello All, I am now a proud 1st time pool owner & as most big projects for our house go, we are spreading the cost & labor over the next few months. The pool is up, but no decking, good stairs or storage bins yet. I cannot stand clutter & there are some strong winds in our backyard so leaving the pool floats/toys/equipment laying around is not an option.

Wanted to share a super simple solution - plastic shower hooks! They fit perfectly around the legs of our Intex Ultra Frame Rectangular above ground pool. They are easy to open/close & can be linked to each other for extra length. I picked up a 12 pack at Target for $2 & spend another $1 on a mesh laundry bag for the kids rings & balls. Posting some pics!

My next project is a PVC towel stand (Pinterest is the best!) & the rings should also come in handy for keeping the towels from flying away. I will post pics of that when done if any one is interested.

Toni
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Clutter Control!

Looks like a great idea!! Can you post a close-up of how the hook is attached?
    Intex 22' X 52" Ultra Frame AGP ( 12K gallons) , Intex 633T 2500 GPH (41 GPM) running Doughboy Silica II sand filter (16"dia. 1.4 ' S.A.) ( And doing it quite well, I might add!) Hayward through the wall skimmer, TF100 with Speed Stir. Hard plumbed, Intex fountain ...........

3. Back To Top    #3

What a neat idea! More pics please!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Here are a few more pics. The rings are flexible so you just stretch them around whatever you want & they snap closed. If one is not long enough you just loop multiple together. You can also add bungee cords or spring clips. The towel rack is also done & they work great on top of the towels. I used 1.5" PVC.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Back To Top    #5

6. Back To Top    #6

7. Back To Top    #7

Oh LOVE the rings over the towels to keep them from flying away or dropping to the ground!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Excellent!!!
    Intex 22' X 52" Ultra Frame AGP ( 12K gallons) , Intex 633T 2500 GPH (41 GPM) running Doughboy Silica II sand filter (16"dia. 1.4 ' S.A.) ( And doing it quite well, I might add!) Hayward through the wall skimmer, TF100 with Speed Stir. Hard plumbed, Intex fountain ...........