HELP! Very High Chorine - company tonight....

texasdad

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 10, 2011
DFW Metro
shoot - I messed this up.

So yesterday I adjusted the timer for my chlorine injection pump - and I got the AM/PM backwards. So last night my injection pump dumped about 5 gallons (whatever was in the tank) of chlorine into my pool emptying my 15 gallon tank.

The chlorine right now is 23ppm. CYA is at around 70 from the last test (didn't test cya today and don't know if crazy high chlorine would effect the test)

Today is a hot, sunny, Texas day. The pool pump is running and the fountains are on. Anything else I can do to lower the chlorine?

Will it be safe to swim in this evening?

Found this on the Leslie's website. Is it safe to put in the pool? Does it work? How much would I need?Leslie's Chlor Neutralizer Pool Chemical

:calm: Look at the TFP Chlorine/CYA Chart (link below). With a CYA of 70, your max swimming FC is 28. So the extra 8 FC you have in there now should burn-off very quickly today. Once your FC hits 28, everybody hops-in. :swim:

- - - Updated - - -

Don't add any other product to try and lower it. The sun will do it for you.

Thanks for the quick reply! :D

I think at the same time you were posting I edited the original thread to say FC is 23, not 32 like originally posted.

I didn't realize I could safely swim with it that high..... It's usually kept under 5.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.