Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water level keeps rising in pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Water level keeps rising in pool

The coping and deck around my pool is made of limestone. The stone is disintegrating at a rapid rate. I reduced the water level to below the coping, so there will be less water splashing on to the stone. But in a few days the level went back up, this is texas 100 degree days with no rain. Why does this happen and how can i choose the water level i want ? I released the water by turning the multiport valve to waste and running the pump

15K gal, IG (I think its Vinyl not sure), 2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 60 sqft Pentair DE filter, SWG Hayward Aqua rite controller with t-cell-15, Aqualink RS6, Jandy Spa side 4-button, Polaris 280, 400K Pentair Minimax NT Heater Propane, test kit TF100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Water level keeps rising in pool

Do you have an auto fill?
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

3. Back To Top    #3

Not sure. Please tell me how to check if i have autofill

15K gal, IG (I think its Vinyl not sure), 2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 60 sqft Pentair DE filter, SWG Hayward Aqua rite controller with t-cell-15, Aqualink RS6, Jandy Spa side 4-button, Polaris 280, 400K Pentair Minimax NT Heater Propane, test kit TF100

4. Back To Top    #4

It will be under a lid that looks like a skimmer lid. It is a float like a toilet float.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

I have that. I had attached a picture of it. I will go open it now . How do i adjust it , so that water level is lower than what it is now. Also is there a certain level water should be at ? I mean is there a standard

6. Back To Top    #6

Half to 2/3 up the skimmer opening. Or, if you have an overflow, the new half an inch or so below that.

There should be a wing nut or something to loosen to adjust the float height.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

7. Back To Top    #7

How do i open this ? It says poolmiser on it. Does not have any screws , should i pry it open with flat screw driver, dont want to break it

8. Back To Top    #8

I opened it . Cannot find a wing nut to turn. It looks like the flush valve that you find in toilets . See pic

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

In the Industry

This is a Fluidmaster toilet valve, should be able to pinch the metal piece on the rod below grey arm. While holding this move float up or down to adjust level. Also see you have a salt generator, the saltwater can deteriorate different concrete surfaces and other materials used around pools. The use of a sealer is recommended.

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks. Should i move float up or down to lower water level ?

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

In the Industry

12. Back To Top    #12

Awesome thanks. I pushed the float all the way down as far as it can go, its at the end of the metal rod now. I let out water from pool, to a level which is half of the skimmer opening, the rectangular one in the edge of the pool. I will observe in few days if this level holds

13. Back To Top    #13

Yes kadavis. I am taking steps to prevent water from touching the stone due to salt pool. Next step is to find a good sealer and seal it

14. Back To Top    #14

Try down

16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

15. Back To Top    #15

Water level keeps rising in pool

9 days after adjusting my poolmiser, and putting out water from pool so the level is half way above the skimmer. The water level has crept back up to the coping again. It did rain in austin for two days in between. So now i am not sure if pushing the float all the way down helped. I know the poolmiser fills up the pool if the water level drops, does it also empty water from pool if the level rises due to rain ??

16. Back To Top    #16

TFP Guide

In the Industry

You may have to replace the valve, if you go to fluidmaster website you may find more information. Is the float all the way back up again? Korky 528 Korky Quiet Fill Toilet Fill Valve - Korky Quietfill Valve - Amazon.com, this is what I use now

17. Back To Top    #17

Does the poolmiser reduce the water level after heavy rain ? I will check tomorrow if the float is all the way back up.

18. Back To Top    #18

TFP Guide

In the Industry

Only if it has a overflow pipe near the top, but I've never seen one in this product. http://s144276.gridserver.com/wp-con..._ins_sheet.pdf.

19. Back To Top    #19

Usually there is a valve so you can turn off the auto fill, that would confirm if the water is coming from there.
    DONE, 20 x 40, inground gunite, 30" raised bond beam with 3 12" sheer descents, 8' diving board, pentair 420 cartridge filter, vs-3050 pump, intellechlor ic-40, auto cvr, Tahoe blue pebble tech, 6ea 4' x 12.5' & 2ea 1' x 12.5' helicol solar panels, legend robotic cleaner.

20. Back To Top    #20

The float was not all the way back up. It remained at the lowest setting where i had left it. But the water level in the poolmiser hole and the skimmers was all the way high up nearly till the top. I could not see a overflow pipe, so i assume this poolmiser only tops up the water if level drops, buy it will not remove water when level rises due to rains. I dont see any valve in the poolmiser that i can turnoff to disable auto fill function. I reduced the water level again by turning multiport valve to waste and running pump. Lets see if the level rises again and hopefully we dont get rain for next few days. Please see picture, this i took after letting out several gallons of water. Let me know how to replace it, also which brand to purchase fluidmaster or korky. Also how to install the overflow pipe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast