FC - 1.5
CC - 0
PH - 7.8
TA - 175
CH - 500
CYA - >30 still slowly bringing up
Temp - 86
CSI - .84

Water is crystal clear, I will be adding liquid chlorine to bring FC up to 4. Adding acid to lower PH to 7.4. I'm concerned with the CH levels, we did have calcium scaling years ago in the old liner, so bad that the soft skin on your feet would bleed sometimes after being in the pool for a long time. That was before I found this site and switched to liquid chlorine only method with the new liner. Also getting algae coming out of pool ladder. I may need to pull it out and clean it really good. Also, is it worth getting the reagents for a salt test? I know it is not required for us as we are non swg but if it made the water feel better I'd be all for it.

A family member went the the pool store and they sold her 3 bags 73% calcium hypochlorite, I told her powder shock would be ok since we need to bring cya up anyways, but not cal hypo. I'm assuming I do not want to use that as the CH is already high. With a PH of 7.4 CSI will be .44, at least below .6

Still new at this and wanted to run it by the experts. Thanks for your input.

You could better control your CSI and potential calcium scaling if you could lower your TA. 175ppm TA is very high and contributes directly to a very positive CSI. By contrast my pool has 850ppm CH and I have no problems keeping my CSI negative. My TA is at 50ppm and my pH almost never goes above 7.7-7.8.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.