Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Eureka! It works, it really works!

1. Back To Top    #1

Eureka! It works, it really works!

I have been trying to get a whole lot of gunk out from the bottom of my pool. My new purchase, PoolMaster Max CG arrived yesterday and got charged and used today. I was so dubious about it, partly because of the high price tags, but it is doing the job. I am gong to vacuum again tomorrow and I'm hoping that will do the trick. Yahoo! Now to get the chemistry under control. I may get to swim soon.

First picture shows deep end after about half the silt had been vacuumed; second shows part of what came out of there; and the third shows the (almost) clean result.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    8,900 gal in-ground gunite lap pool; self-cleaning Jandy 1.5 HP Pro Series E-pump system; Jandy CV340 pool/spa filter with four cartridges; Propane heater (rarely used); motorized pool cover.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Eureka! It works, it really works!

Vacuums work a treat. You go! I did not peek long at your other posts. How are you testing your pool chemistry?

3. Back To Top    #3

I've been using a standard five test package. I've been reading up on the different kits though, and think I'm going to get the kit with 100 in the name. I think I need to be doing more extensive testing than I have been. I have switched to using bleach and what a blessing that is.
    8,900 gal in-ground gunite lap pool; self-cleaning Jandy 1.5 HP Pro Series E-pump system; Jandy CV340 pool/spa filter with four cartridges; Propane heater (rarely used); motorized pool cover.

4. Back To Top    #4

You won't regret getting the TF100 kit. Grab the Speedstir also, it's well worth the $$ in my opinion. I have a Blaster also and love it.
    17,500 gal. ABG Doughboy Pool
    1/2 HP Pump/150 sq.ft. Cartridge Filter
    TF100 Test Kit And Speedstir

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieO View Post
    You won't regret getting the TF100 kit. Grab the Speedstir also, it's well worth the $$ in my opinion. I have a Blaster also and love it.
    Thanks! What's the advantage of the speed stir?

6. Back To Top    #6

Much easier mixing and handling of the reagents during the process. Also facilitates accurate blending which equates to more reliable test results. You won't regret having the speed stir.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks!