Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Circupool and my Taylor reading 2 different salinity

1. Back To Top    #1

Circupool and my Taylor reading 2 different salinity

I fired up my swg today, I added 400lbs of salt to my 20k pool, which was supposed to be 2400ppm

I tested with the Taylor test kit by one drop of the first agent then proceeded to adding one drop at a time until it turns to a red color. Counted 27 drops which is 5400ppm

However circupool reads 2300-2400ppm which lines up with my salt addition. Did I mess up somewhere?
    SF Bay

********20,000 gallon IG Fiberglass, DE Filter, Hayward Max-Flo VS, Taylor TF-100 Test, Circupool RJ-45********

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Circupool and my Taylor reading 2 different salinity

Run the pump for 24 hours and brush the bottom of the pool let the salt dissolve before you test levels.
    Our Build 2016 14.5' x 26' IG Pebble, 14.5K Gal. 3.5' - 6.5' deep, 5 returns, 2 Skimmers, Hayward VS pump, Hayward 525 Cartridge Filter, Hayward E-Command 4, Heliocol Solar, Hayward LED Light, Paramount Ultraviolet, Polaris 280, AquaRite Pro, T-CELL-15, Sense and Dispense (HL-CHEM), Ph Dispense System (AQL-CHEM3) , Taylor K-2006 with SpeedStir

3. Back To Top    #3

I added salt since yesterday and it was running all night
    I turned off the breaker for half a day while I was installing the swg. I'll keep the pump running tonight and brush tomorrow and test again tomorrow night.

4. Back To Top    #4

It takes 24 to 48 hours for the salt to fully dissolve and mix in the water. Salt readings from SWGs and salt tests can be up to +/- 400 ppm. They are really "ballpark" tests.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Did you use a 25mL water sample or a 10mL water sample? The K-1766 uses a 10mL water sample (this is a common mistake). If you accidentally used a 25mL sample then the titration is 80ppm/drop.

If you multiply your 5400ppm by (80/200), then you get 2160ppm which is dead on with what your cell is reporting.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

6. Back To Top    #6

I used only 10ml of water

Also, after running for the night then circupool isnreading 3400 ppm average. I'll check again later today