Newbie needs a little help

Jul 22, 2016
Baird, tx
I have had this pool for 2 years. 24ft round 52" deep. Hayward 3/4 horse pump and 200lb Hayward sand filter. Not to many problems with my pool except the feel of the water. I have a water softener in my home and want better feeling water. Is a salt system ok to run on an above ground pool. Is it hard to maintain. Thanks

You could add the salt water system, or you could add borates to your pool, or do BOTH!
Adding borates helps in algae control, and the feel of the water is great!
I have had people come over to my pool and say that they can't believe the feel of my water compared to theirs. (I don't bother mentioning that I added 14 boxes of 20 mule team borax, and 3.5 gallons of acid to get that feeling, and sparkle to the water)
The wife thought I was crazy, until she got into the pool, and noticed the difference. Ever since then, whatever I wanted to do to the pool, she has been 100% behind me!
I do not have a SWG, nor do I want one. Instead, I have a Stenner pump, and dose my pool a little at a time throughout the day to maintain my FC using a timer.

Most AGP companies won't warranty the use of a SWG..........BUT........there have been dog gone few if any reports of it being more problematic on an AGP. If you have concerns, borates are the next best way to go. Welcome.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.