Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Another bought a house - Olympic brand swimming pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Another bought a house - Olympic brand swimming pool

Just closed on a house with a Olympic brand swimming pool. It is kind of half above ground, half below ground rectangle pool. When we looked at house and did inspection, pool was covered. We did the final walk thru 3 hours before closing and saw the liner had fallen in. Had a liner guy out today and he almost ran away. He said the top rails need to be replaced, as well as the liner, which is ripped. He recommended trying to find the manufacturer Olympic Pools, calling them and asking them for a local business that services their pools. Well I have not had great luck in finding this manufacturer. I get everything from Olympic Games, to sizes of Olympic pools, to companies that have just choosen the word Olympic in their name.

Does anyone here have any experience with this company, or know how i might find them? I would greatly appreciate ot.

Thanks, Jason.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Another bought a house - Olympic brand swimming pool

Hello Jason and welcome to TFP! While I personally don't have an answer for you regarding that brand, perhaps another forum member might. Nice to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

It might help if you list what state you are in. Maybe someone local will recognize the name. Welcome to the site!
    Central Md. 37 X 21 24K IG Custom Gunite with Anvil Quartz finish. Raised Spa.
    Sta-Rite Natural Gas Heater. Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Sta-Rite 450 sq ft. Cartridge Filter.
    Pentair 1.5 Hp Variable Speed Pump. TF100. Dolphin Z-5. First swim 5/26/16

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you both for the welcome and response. We are in Bartlett, a western suburb of Chicago. If anyone can recommend a decent pool contractor in the area, I'm all ears.

5. Back To Top    #5

Maybe this will help......
    I just purchased an above ground pool, and one of the places I shopped was R and R Pools in Valparaiso. They quoted me a price on an Olympic brand above ground pool. Hopefully they can get you closer to the answer you need.

R&R Pools
    (219) 464-2110
    Aqua Leader 27' (54") 17,100 gallon, Hayward SW 256T sand filter, Hayward 2 hp 2-speed pump, water testing with a TF-100.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Rolodetective View Post
    Maybe this will help......
    I just purchased an above ground pool, and one of the places I shopped was R and R Pools in Valparaiso. They quoted me a price on an Olympic brand above ground pool. Hopefully they can get you closer to the answer you need.

R&R Pools
    (219) 464-2110
    Thank you so much. I will be calling them in the morning to see if theycan provide any guidance.