Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Radio dog fence around IG pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Radio dog fence around IG pool

Has anyone looped their radio fence around the pool to keep the dog out of the pool? Just curious if this can be done without causing an issue.

TX!
    SC
    SunCountry
    South Phila PA area.

Sundance Spa; Chelsea (468 gallons). Former 28ft AGP owner for 20 years.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Radio dog fence around IG pool

Quote Originally Posted by suncountry View Post
    Has anyone looped their radio fence around the pool to keep the dog out of the pool? Just curious if this can be done without causing an issue.

TX!
    SC
    I'd like to know if some kind of invisible fence is possible too!

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

3. Back To Top    #3

I do not see why not. I know a few people who use them to keep their dogs in their yard.

Free form 17X30. 14,500 Gal. Pentair sand filter and 1.5 hp pump. Aqua-Rite SWCG. TF-100 Test Kit w/Speed Stir

4. Back To Top    #4

We do have a radio fence around the yard (a real fence too - just not too sturdy). In considering a pool, I really don't want the dog in the pool getting soaking wet any time he pleases. After seeing some issues with shocks and bonding, I am just wondering if there are any issues the fence might cause if it is close to the pool.
    SunCountry
    South Phila PA area.

Sundance Spa; Chelsea (468 gallons). Former 28ft AGP owner for 20 years.