Air in cartridge filter tank

Blazej

Jun 24, 2016
Valley Center, CA
I recently installed an IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump #011018 and new SWG. Have noticed that the filter drains
over night and I have to bleed it upon startup. I installed new check valve at filter outlet but that did not fix problem.
I tightened pressure valve where it attaches to top of tank. The filter is the highest item in the system.

Could the pressure gage assembly itself be leaking? It is about 12 yrs old. Otherwise what could be source of problem.
Pool Equip.jpg

Attachments

• PEquip.jpg
    PEquip.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 11
The filter could be leaking anywhere and allowing air in and the water to drain out of it when the pump is off.

Try to turn the pump off and listen for hissing or gurgling. You could try shaving cream to see if it gets sucked in ... although if it is a slow air leak it can be hard to find. Many times these leaks only let air in and do not let water out when running so they are tricky to locate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.