Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How are you guys vacuuming your Intex with the new dual inlets?

1. Back To Top    #1

How are you guys vacuuming your Intex with the new dual inlets?

Replaced my 18'x52" Intex with a same size new one. Old one just gave out (material fatigue). Not at all happy with the new dual inlets that Intex came up with. Hoses, black embedded sleeves, and clamps are very hokey and have to put a platform where the dual hoses meet outside the pool because of the weight. What's worse is now I can't figure out how to vacuum the pool as I don't know how to mate my existing vacuum hose to the dual inlets. I see no information on the Intex site even referring how to do this now. I guess they thought everyone was going to figure it out on their own or no one was going to be vacuuming their pool (they even did away with their hanging skimmer). I would love to hear and see pics of how you guys are doing all this. Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How are you guys vacuuming your Intex with the new dual inlets?

Plug them off and install a wide mouth skimmer? I did works much more betterer
    Lou - 13.5K Gal pool, AG Intex 24 X 52"
    19" Sand Filter/1 hp pump, Aqua Trol SWG
    90 sq ft Homemade Solar panels + 80 sq ft Fafco panels, coupled with a SS heat exchanger/Hot Water Tank, Pentair SolarTouch, Taylor k-2006

3. Back To Top    #3

Cut out the small intex dual outlets and replace with 1.5 inch fittings. There are many threads on this.
    Intex 22' X 52" Ultra Frame AGP ( 12K gallons) , Intex 633T 2500 GPH (41 GPM) running Doughboy Silica II sand filter (16"dia. 1.4 ' S.A.) ( And doing it quite well, I might add!) Hayward through the wall skimmer, TF100 with Speed Stir. Hard plumbed, Intex fountain ...........

4. Back To Top    #4

I plugged both and use a Hayward skimmer. Very easy to vacuum with and keep the pool really clean.

1st time pool owner: 16x48 Intex Ultraframe, 5061 gallons, intex SWG, 1500 gph cartridge filter (635T) , Gorilla pad, SP1091LX Hayward skimmer, K2006 and K1766 test kits, high iron well water, Poolmate Metal out, 5 gallon bucket/polyfill filter

5. Back To Top    #5

I may be the odd man out...in this case woman...but I left mine as is. I am not handy enough to cut and install side skimmer and my husband is not interested at all. I bought the intex robot cleaner that works on the outlet side of the pool. It is not like the others that vacuum and send through the filter. It works by the flow of water going through it. You do have to have a strong enough filter to run it. I have the 1600 gph sand filter and it works fine. I actually like the dual inlets because I sometimes felt that the water wasn't getting circulated well enough by just having that side hanging skimmer. I purchased another one of those from a separate dealer and still use that for skimming.
    18x52 Ultra Frame with 1600 gph sand filter and intex skimmer

6. Back To Top    #6

I'm not interested in cutting in a side skimmer. I take my pool down each year cause the California sun/weather just beats up the material pretty bad and I'm not prepared to deal with taking down a side skimmer too each time. Plus I don't want to sacrifice pool depth and cutting a hole that big gives me the willies. I wanted to maybe see pics and a materials list of what some were doing/adapting with those two inlets to come up with a better option than what Intex is providing.

7. Back To Top    #7

Here is an idea I had. You would have to tee this inline with your pump. I have my plumbing hard piped with PVC so it would be really easy. You would need a strainer basket in line to catch the big stuff. The ball valve keeps the water from pouring out during removal. Or you could add the over the side strainer basket to your pool and do similar to what I did in this video. Intex 18x48 ultra frame pool arrangement - YouTube
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Intex 18ft dia. Ultraframe, 6500 gal. above ground Intex pool with Hayward C550 cartridge type filter and Intex Krystal Clear Ozone and saltwater system model ZS8110, Taylor K-2006 test Kit, Pool filter supplemented with Duda Diesel 1 micron filter bag
    Located in Cypress, Tx.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
    I'm not interested in cutting in a side skimmer. I take my pool down each year cause the California sun/weather just beats up the material pretty bad and I'm not prepared to deal with taking down a side skimmer too each time. Plus I don't want to sacrifice pool depth and cutting a hole that big gives me the willies. I wanted to maybe see pics and a materials list of what some were doing/adapting with those two inlets to come up with a better option than what Intex is providing.
    I unscrew the white intex pipe from the split plunger valve and put my vacuum right in it. I'll try to get pics today when I vacuum.
    Karan - 18 ft round x 48" high - Intex ultra-frame AGP, Intex 3/4 hp pump with 14" sand filter (SF70110), Hayward 900 Wanda the Whale cleaner, Intex LED water fountain.
    18ft Round Intex Ultra Frame in The Mitten

9. Back To Top    #9

Get the Intex Automatic Poolcleaner! I haven't vacuumed once since I got mine.
    Intex Ultra Frame 24'x12'x52" (732cm x 366cm) rectangular pool
    Intex SF80220RC (1600 GPH) pump/sandfilter
    Intex SF10220 (1050 GPH) pump/sandfilter driving the
    Intex Automatic Pool Cleaner
    Intex 8220 ECO SWG, Brilix XHP100 9kW heatpump

10. Back To Top    #10

How are you guys vacuuming your Intex with the new dual inlets?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
    Replaced my 18'x52" Intex with a same size new one. Old one just gave out (material fatigue). Not at all happy with the new dual inlets that Intex came up with. Hoses, black embedded sleeves, and clamps are very hokey and have to put a platform where the dual hoses meet outside the pool because of the weight. What's worse is now I can't figure out how to vacuum the pool as I don't know how to mate my existing vacuum hose to the dual inlets. I see no information on the Intex site even referring how to do this now. I guess they thought everyone was going to figure it out on their own or no one was going to be vacuuming their pool (they even did away with their hanging skimmer). I would love to hear and see pics of how you guys are doing all this. Thanks.

I use a battery powered vacuum. The Water Tech Pool Blaster Fusion (Costco). Works well. I get 3 uses of it before I need a recharge.

One of my dual inlets is supported by the weight on the Intex skimmer on the inside of the pool. The other is supported by some string tied to the pool frame . I then use a few bricks to just slightly support the tee. All this just so there isn't too much downward pull by the water filled dual inlet hoses on the outside of the pool.

Skimmer supporting one inlet

Same inlet

Second inlet

T
    AG Round Intex Ultra Frame 16'x48", 5050 gallons
    Intex 28681EG / CS20110 Combo Sand Filter Pump & Salt Water System
    Intex Auto Pool Cleaner, Intex Wall Mount Skimmer, Intex LED Pool Sprayer
    TF-100, K-1766, Speedstir

11. Back To Top    #11

I got the Intex pool skimmer kit thing and it came with a piece that screws inside the pool inplace of the original suction cover. I can unhook the skimmer and hook the vacuum hose to it. The kit also came with a plug for the second suction hole when vacuuming.
    Intex Ultra Frame 26'x52"
    Intex 2,500 gal/hr pump with Unicel cartridge filter.

12. Back To Top    #12

They still have the leaf filters you hang on the side Amazon & Walmart both. Mine is duel too. I just bought an adapter at the pool store. Not much suction, might need a bigger pump.

13. Back To Top    #13

If you are using one of the pump that came with the intex pool, then you will have to mostly close off one of the intakes. I'm running a 4000GPH pump and I had to mostly block one of my intakes. You can see here Intex 18x48 ultra frame pool arrangement - YouTube
    Intex 18ft dia. Ultraframe, 6500 gal. above ground Intex pool with Hayward C550 cartridge type filter and Intex Krystal Clear Ozone and saltwater system model ZS8110, Taylor K-2006 test Kit, Pool filter supplemented with Duda Diesel 1 micron filter bag
    Located in Cypress, Tx.