Yellow at bottom of pool

Aug 28, 2015
Greenwood Lake , ny
Hi everyone. Hope summer is going well for all. My pool is crystal clear, but We just noticed a bit of yellow dust in a few spots. I'm assuming it's alge. Not sure what to do at this point since it's Friday and we have a hot weekend coming up here in the northeast and don't want to slam to like Sunday Night. I'm thinking of Putting some DE in my sand filter to help get out what's in there. Am I playing with fire?
Here are my numbers. Thanks

Ph-7.5
FC-7
CC-1
TC-8
TA-80
CYA-30

Because you see something "unknown" at this point and your CC is elevated, I would perform an overnight (OCLT) test just to be safe. Hopefully it's just some dust pr pollen of some type because if you always keep your FC that elevated (with a CYA of 30) it would seem difficult for algae to grow. Still, you never know which is why the OCLT might be a good choice for now. Let us know how it turns out.

The pollen I had in late May/early June tended to bind together and look very fibrous when not vacuumed out right away. It was also on my cover, my car, and all of our patio furniture. When it clumped together in The water , you could easily pick it up with your hands.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.