Need advice, Newbie

MrXL5

Jul 22, 2016
NS, Canada
Although my liner on the box/label says it is correct for a 52" 27' pool, the liner just doesn't seem to fit right. It is a Jbead, and I installed it on a sunny day, the liner was nice and warm/plyable. I just can't seem to get it to sit flush with the wall all the way around. top photo shows where it seems to pull away from the wall the worst, second it gets better, then 3rd its pretty much on the wall. The pool is in round. It really doesn't make sense (to me) why it is doing this, or if it is normal. I am new to this and the instructions gave now troubleshooting tip or mentions of this situtation. If I were to guestimate, I'd suspect the liner is about 6" away from where the cove meets the floor in the most extreme spot (1st photo)

Any advice, before I start putting water to this and risk buckling the walls would be appreciated! Thanks :)

Attachments

• IMG_1806.jpg
    IMG_1806.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1807.jpg
    IMG_1807.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1809.jpg
    IMG_1809.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 18
It's been awhile but I think I had a corner on my oval pool that did that. As it filled I gently kicked that area until it fit better and the liner stretched in some areas. It looks like the J-bead fit ok which is good. Others will be along to confirm or deny what I just said. :)

lol, my first attempt the liner was similar to this... well worse. I didn't realize it had to be sunny and warm to fill it.. You'd think they'd call that out in the instructions, when I got about half full it started to buckle a little so I stopped and drained it. I am trying to avoid that in this attempt

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.