CC 0
TC 1
TA 150
PH 7.8
Temp 69
CSI .47

Adding Acid...

- - - Updated - - -

Pool looks amazing. Well done and Happy Swimming. :)

It would be good to include your last CYA result with your numbers.

Thank you! I haven't included CYA because pool is so new, and other than tabs, I haven't added any during my BiCarb startup. Last test showed none...

Mack..............it is going to be interesting to see how your electronic PH meter done in the long run. Will you please keep doing both tests every once in a while and see how long it is before you have to recalibrate the electronic one. That seems to be the major downfall of them. It will be nice to have a person do a follow up on this for us.

:kim:

I bought a electronic pH tester, about $15 on Amazon,
[
Portable Digital LCD PH Meter Tester Water Monitor Pen Aquarium Tool Auto Pen Test Water Soil Pool Hydroponic Type exclude Pouches of calibration buff]
and it has maintained calibration for the past 10 months. I rinse it after every use and let it sit in the sample for several minutes while I conduct my other tests. Works just fine. I compare it to the color test weekly and the test solution occasionally.

This morning tests:

FC 1
CC 0
TC 1
TA 150 approx.
PH 7.6 I would say reg. test, 7.7 electronic
temp 71
CSI .39

doing nothing

- - - Updated - - -

Mack..............it is going to be interesting to see how your electronic PH meter done in the long run. Will you please keep doing both tests every once in a while and see how long it is before you have to recalibrate the electronic one. That seems to be the major downfall of them. It will be nice to have a person do a follow up on this for us.

:kim:

Yep! I calibrated it, and its supposed to be auto adjust for temp... but there is no adjustment for calibration for temp. so according to the calibration liquid, it should have read a bit higher because the water was a bit colder than optimum. but it calibrated exactly at the liquid PH..

so far the first two readings are .1 higher than I would gauge on the drops.. but the drops are a guess between 7.5 and 7.8...
I am rinsing it with distilled water, as it states, between uses. So we will see.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I forgot to mention that my plasterer came by this morning to take a look. One minor item needs to be addressed, but other than that, he really liked the way it turned out. Some variations exist, which he says can take up to six months to even out. I am actually fine with the variations, as they add character to the pool. Anyways, I got the okay to install the in-floor cleaning.. which I am thrilled about... two more weeks until I can use the pool sweep (I'm old and still call it that - they looked like floating space ships with tails that whipped and a little sprayer on top that was supposed to clean the tile and usually stopped working within a week). What I remember, they were actually fairly effective in moving the dirt around your pool..lol.

Actually I bought a Dolphin S 300i robot... I got it for $999 including tax and shipping. someone on here is going to say they found it a lot cheaper, I know...lol.. but oh well..

That's a great price. What made you go for the in-floor and robot?

Laziness.. lol.. But seriously, the in-floor only covers the wet deck and two steps... the rest of the pool is Robot territory... and I think I can program the S 300i to stay off the steps and wet deck...

I have a suction line too, just for a cleaner (plan to use for vacuum if necessary instead of skimmer). I'm clearly no expert... but from my last pool, the pool cleaner sucked at doing steps and shallower areas... so I'm just trying to be a bit proactive and design it that way... we will see if it works out.

Last nites numbers

FC 1.5
CC 0
TC 1.5
TA 125-150
PH 7.6/7.75
Temp 73
CSI .3

Did nothing...

This morning:

FC 2.5
CC .5
TC 3
TA 125-150
PH 7.6/7.8
Temp 73
CSI .3

Did nothing...

Put cover on top..

I'm thinking the rise in TC is because the pump is only working 8 hours a day on slow speed... maybe??
Except when I clean it.. then I rev it up and let the drains suck it up..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.