Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sinking my AGP

1. Back To Top    #1

Sinking my AGP

Thinking about sinking my AGP maybe 1/4 to 1/2 way..
    Anyone tried this?
    Pros - Cons???

Prolly gonna have to re-level the ground and change the liner next year and the neighbor has a Kubota backhoe...
    Inherited 24' Muskin Above ground
    13500 gal
    Hayward S180T92S Sand filter
    Taylor K-2006C Speedstir
    TFPC for Beginners | Pool Math | Pool School | CYA Chart | SLAM | Test Kits | ABC's

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sinking my AGP

theres a bunch of threads here on the forum. I have considered it. I worry about drainage and washout were I'm at.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-inground-pool
    15x54 swim & play vinyl metal wall AG
    Hayward S210T sand filter 1.5 HP Pentair Superflo vs
    Rheem raypak 130,000 BTU mv ng
    Jacuzzi 345 whirlpool bath
    TF-100 test kit, HM digital com100 Wanda the Whale

3. Back To Top    #3

Just did that with our new saltwater 8000. pics are in my post about it today. we went halfway but I would like to have out it even deeper. We will be extending our deck platform 18" high around the spa and to the pool. This will leave about 1 foot above the deck. I think I will really like it then. i love how easy it is to vacuum although I try to vacuum from inside the pool as much as possible.
    15' saltwater 8000 aqualeader, 5300 gal. 2016 hayward xtream 150 cart and 1.5 hp powerflo matrix pump, intex swg.
    Hotspring Grandee spa 2006. I love BBB. no borates in the pool only in the spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by jaxhusky View Post
    Just did that with our new saltwater 8000. pics are in my post about it today. we went halfway but I would like to have out it even deeper. We will be extending our deck platform 18" high around the spa and to the pool. This will leave about 1 foot above the deck. I think I will really like it then. i love how easy it is to vacuum although I try to vacuum from inside the pool as much as possible.
    Just looked...looks pretty good... any issue with the ground pushing on the pool siding either before or after adding water?
    Inherited 24' Muskin Above ground
    13500 gal
    Hayward S180T92S Sand filter
    Taylor K-2006C Speedstir
    TFPC for Beginners | Pool Math | Pool School | CYA Chart | SLAM | Test Kits | ABC's

5. Back To Top    #5

We buried ours halfway...
    Spring 2016 Install, 24'x54" Saltwater LX AG Round Pool (13500 gal.), AquaPro 200 SQ. FT. Cartridge Filter System 2-HP 2-Speed Pump, Solaxx Saltron Retro Jet RJ Saltwater Chlorine Generator, Aqualuminator Above Ground Pool Light, TF-100 Test Kit w/ Borate and Salt, Well Water.