My saltwater 8000 semi in ground to replace my rusted intex ultra

May 24, 2008
jacksonville fl
Just got this installed two weeks ago and have finished manually backfilling. The backfill was tough. 15' round 54" deep, aqualeader with confer 1 steps and Casey's portofino liner. Buried about 24 to 27" deep. Using my intex sand filter, pump and swg til they die.
The swim line portofino liner
The backfill

The crew from five star pools
Beginning to fill
One Happy husky

I love the pic of the dog in the pool! I have a chocolate lab and he's going to be so happy when we get a pool.

We have limited space in our yard so 15' is looking to be about the size we can get, possibly 18'. I was planning to go the Doughboy route, but I really want to use an SWG without voiding the warranty, but also want to partially bury the pool, so the Saltwater 8000 is looking like a good option. Would you mind answering a few questions about your setup?

1. What do you think of the pool's quality? Have you been happy with it so far?
2. Does 15' seem large enough?
3. Did you buy local or from PoolFactory.com? If so, how was the experience?
4. What did install run you?
5. Would you mind posting some more pics from further back to get a better sense of scale?

Thanks!

Thanks!

i am happy with the quality of the saltwater 8000
15' is good enough for our tiny backyard. we could squeeze in an 18 but would leave less than 3 feet between pool and fence.
pool factory.com was great. also almost bought the sharkline matrix from inyo pools very close to buying from them, but I liked the portofino liner choice at poolfactory.com and the grey color of the pool resin better
install was about 900 for a partial inground bury.

Thanks for the extra pics and info!

What are the dimensions of your yard? We were planning to try to put in an 18' pool, but the City of Austin has some serious restrictions regarding doing anything around certain "protected" trees. We've got a large pecan tree that would be considered a "heritage" tree, meaning we pretty much can't dig, cut, build or do anything within a good 10-20 feet of its trunk. It's infuriating, since I'm just a homeownder and not a condo or residential developer, and it wasn't a restriction when I bought the house. I just want a pool in my backyard, but it seems the risk is thousands in fines and possibly being required to dismantle an "unauthorized" build. In any case, I'm trying to feel better about a 15' pool, as we might be able to squeeze that by. Long story short, how many people have you had in the pool at once? What would you say is the cutoff before it starts feeling crowded?

Thanks!

I live in a historic district that charges $100 an inch mitigation fees if you cut down a native tree. I had to get permission to remove two Chinese tallow trees and thankfully didn't have to pay the fee. These types of rules are part of preserving the urban forest canopy that keeps our cities cooler, and absorbs sudden rainfall and pollution. The 15' pool is fine and has plenty of room for 4 people on floats and 6 to 8 plus dogs with one or two floats in the pool. Of course bigger may be desirable but I have so much vacuuming to do that I appreciate the 15' round. I would even be please with a 10 to 12 round if it were deeper and had a couple of spa benches. A former neighbor had a 10' round in ground that tapered to 5' deep that was like a large spa but you could still swim in circles and exercise. He also had 6 solar panels on the roof and kept the pool between 88 and 92 year round.

- - - Updated - - -

I live in a historic district that charges $100 an inch mitigation fees if you cut down a native tree. I had to get permission to remove two Chinese tallow trees and thankfully didn't have to pay the fee. These types of rules are part of preserving the urban forest canopy that keeps our cities cooler, and absorbs sudden rainfall and pollution. The 15' pool is fine and has plenty of room for 4 people on floats and 6 to 8 plus dogs with one or two floats in the pool. Of course bigger may be desirable but I have so much vacuuming to do that I appreciate the 15' round. I would even be please with a 10 to 12 round if it were deeper and had a couple of spa benches. A former neighbor had a 10' round in ground that tapered to 5' deep that was like a large spa but you could still swim in circles and exercise. He also had 6 solar panels on the roof and kept the pool between 88 and 92 year round. Our lot is 50' wide and about 40 deep from the rear of the new addition

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.