Let the flow switch do the control or put it on the timer?

dannieboiz

Jan 16, 2015
San Jose, CA
the RJ45 instruction say that if using a VS pump, it's possible to let the flow switch turn the SWG on and off. But I also read somewhere that say not to do this...

My pump run on various speed/hours between 11am to 10pm. @ 2k, 2.4k and 3k rpm. I can set the timer for the SWG to turn on and off between these hours. But I'm trying to avoid having to mess with changing the pump schedule.

I've read here that the timer is the way to go, as its bad on the cell to have it on without a flow, could in some cases even explode. Wasn't a decision I had to make, as my VS pump won't control SWG, so I set the timer and pump to run at same times, to avoid any issues. Pump is 'hot' all the time so I can run the pump for cleaning by itself, without SWG, but not vice-versa

What SWG do you have? I think the Hayward requires about 15GPM, but there is no way to easily know the flow rate you achieve at a given RPM without a flow meter. Just see what speed is required to keep the SWG happy and bump up the speed a bit to account for the filter getting dirty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.