New to Forum: Cloudy pool only after kids swim even after SLAM

ACN

Jul 12, 2016
Oswego, IL
Hello,

First off, thanks so much for this site. I received my TK-2006 test kit a week ago and performed my first SLAM due to CC at 1. We passed the overnight chlorine test, no CC, and my water is crystal clear. HOWEVER, when the kids are being crazy jumping and splashing in the pool it gets cloudy--almost like they are stirring up a fine dust. It clears up to crystal clear overnight with the pump running, but it frustrates me when we have people over and I see it getting cloudy while they are there. Filter pressure still good and cartridges replaced last year. Any thoughts? Here are my numbers:

FC 16 (we are coming off the SLAM) so targeting 8
CC 0
CYA 65
PH 7.8
Alk 120
Calcium Harness 100

Thanks,

The free chlorine is already quite high due to the slam so I'm not sure the chlorine level is the issue. They did spray down with sunscreen (water resistant variety for wet skin), but only 4 kids in a 35,000 gallon pool for 2 hours. All kids had showered ?

I'm not sure what test kit you are using but my fill water CH in Naperville is usually around 150ppm. I bring it up to 250ppm every spring. Not sure but maybe the cloudy water is from the calcium getting pulled from the plaster trying to get balanced?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I buy like 25 lbs that I split for two years for my pool. I think I used In The Swim online last time. They are out of West Chcago and usually ship within a day. Look for a free shipping coupon if you go that route.