Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump on or off to test FC?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump on or off to test FC?

Quick question: I have been doing a TON of reading on here and I vaguely remember someone saying the pump should be running at least 30 minutes BEFORE testing? I can't find the thread it was in now. I know it has to run at least 30 minutes after adding chlorine, so did I misread this? I'm second guessing myself now...

Basically, I want to know if it's OK for me to test first thing in the morning with the pump having been off all night, or if you should only test with it running...

Thanks!
    27' round (18,000 gal) above-ground, vinyl-lined, metal surround, with a deck around half. Hayward "Pro-Series" sand filter. Taylor 2006 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pump on or off to test FC?

Yes, if you are going to grab a water sample for testing, it's best to that water has been circulating for about 30 min so you get a good reading that represents the entire pool's chemistry.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Ah, ok, duly noted. THANK YOU!
    27' round (18,000 gal) above-ground, vinyl-lined, metal surround, with a deck around half. Hayward "Pro-Series" sand filter. Taylor 2006 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

Give it a brush while you're waiting. Pool maintenance done, plus water stirred up even better
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; prior pool AG 10k | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners