Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SunnyInTexas Intro

1. Back To Top    #1

SunnyInTexas Intro

Hi yall! I'm in the designing stage of creating a backyard oasis for my family. I've learned a great deal on this forum and figured it was high time I joined. A most sincere thank you to all who share their knowledge here. We will be building a pool and spa, hopefully within the next couple months. My dad had a pool for about 15 years and it was a constant battle for him. I'm hoping to be on the Trouble Free path from the start!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SunnyInTexas Intro

Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you! I was looking at your build thread earlier and admiring your salt finished deck! Great looking pool!
    Plano TX - IG gunite pool and spa - 21k gallons - 680 sqft - Travertine paver deck, Lueders coping, pebble plaster, glass tile - Jandy iAqualink automation, VS e pump, CL580 cartridge filter, JXI 400k btu gas heater - Aqua Comfort heat/cool pump - Stenner 10gpd chlorine pump - Savi Melody LED lighting - Maytronics Active 30i robot - TF100
    My Build Thread

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks! That salted concrete is the bomb.com! Looks great, not slick, cool-ish, zero maintenance and it doesn't cost extra! Everything should be that great.
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

That sounds really great! My wife and I initially wanted travertine pavers. We love the look, and coolishness as compared with some materials, and I like the idea of pavers that are unlikely to crack and easy to pop out if they ever do. However, they may be out of the budget so we are looking for alternatives. Has the color changed or faded since your build? Does the saltwater affect it, or have you taken any preventative measures like sealing or frequent rinsing?
    Plano TX - IG gunite pool and spa - 21k gallons - 680 sqft - Travertine paver deck, Lueders coping, pebble plaster, glass tile - Jandy iAqualink automation, VS e pump, CL580 cartridge filter, JXI 400k btu gas heater - Aqua Comfort heat/cool pump - Stenner 10gpd chlorine pump - Savi Melody LED lighting - Maytronics Active 30i robot - TF100
    My Build Thread

6. Back To Top    #6

I do nothing to it and nothing has affected it. I think the color may have faded a bit, but not much really, if any. It gets hosed off a few times a year.

Agreed, travertine pavers are nice for all those reasons except for the budget.
    TFP Moderator

7. Back To Top    #7

We will seriously consider this option. It would be great to save some cash upfront and avoid sealing every few years. Thanks for all the info!
    My Build Thread