1. Back To Top    #1

Bedford, IN

My pool is eaeating FC

Here are my current t numbers

FC 1
    PH 7.6
    TA 140
    CYA 50

Water has been crystal clear and I am trying to keep FC near 7. The pool is in direct sunlight all day. I know that will eat FC. But this morning I tested the pool and my FC was 2. I put in 51 oz of Bleach. Tonight I checked it again and it was FC was down to 1. The water is crystal clear. No sign of any problems. What should I do to keep FC up?
    Bedford, IN Intex Easy Set Pool. 18ftx48in. Krystal Cealr Model 635T Filter Pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

New York

Re: My pool is eaeating FC

I am by no means a pro, but if you are losing that much FC something may be eating it. Your best bet may be to balance your level of FC once the sun goes down and see if it drops still overnight (OCLT). If your FC level still drops with no sun, it means you may need to SLAM to kill what is eating your FC.
    24' Morada AG 13500 gal. Waterway 22" Sand Filter with Waterway 1HP pump
    Taylor K2006 with Speedstir

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: My pool is eaeating FC

Raise your FC up to 10 ppm, brush and retest in 15 minutes to see how fast it is dropping. If it drops below 7 repeat until it holds above 7. Then retest your CYA. And do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach