RIP 22y/o pump - Some opinions/guidance would be most appreciated

G'day all,

I have a tendancy towards verbosity, so I will just say great site, beautiful community and its finally time to dip my toes in.

Long story short - I need a new pump to replace the one in my signature. Have reasearched ad nauseum and would greatly appreciate your input before I take the plunge.

I should note, we use a marathon suction cleaner with a long hose, there is no bottom drain, the pump is well below the water line, filter says 0.46sqm 's762 automatic sand filter'

Had my heart set on a Zodiac flopro epump, i had a price of $775 but they sold out.
(this is an obsolete model and not sure if i can find another one)
I am just going round in circles now.
I'm pretty sure a variable speed would be good - 20c+ per kWh and lots of litres, plenty of pine trees, a suction cleaner that'll be tricky to dial in and... well.. um . . help please? :)
oh. and im thinking around the AUD$800 mark +/-

My eternal thanks!

The majority of pool pumps have very similar insides so buying "the best" is often a futile exercise.

More importantly, what size pump are you considering and what is the GPM of that filter?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.