Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: RIP 22y/o pump - Some opinions/guidance would be most appreciated

1. Back To Top    #1

RIP 22y/o pump - Some opinions/guidance would be most appreciated

G'day all,

I have a tendancy towards verbosity, so I will just say great site, beautiful community and its finally time to dip my toes in.

Long story short - I need a new pump to replace the one in my signature. Have reasearched ad nauseum and would greatly appreciate your input before I take the plunge.

I should note, we use a marathon suction cleaner with a long hose, there is no bottom drain, the pump is well below the water line, filter says 0.46sqm 's762 automatic sand filter'

Had my heart set on a Zodiac flopro epump, i had a price of $775 but they sold out.
    (this is an obsolete model and not sure if i can find another one)
    I am just going round in circles now.
    I'm pretty sure a variable speed would be good - 20c+ per kWh and lots of litres, plenty of pine trees, a suction cleaner that'll be tricky to dial in and... well.. um . . help please?
    oh. and im thinking around the AUD$800 mark +/-

My eternal thanks!
    {age}30-40 y/o, {size}120kL [40,000 gal], {type}IG Pebblecrete, {pump}Sta-rite Dura-Glas II: 5p4r6e 1 or 1.5hp (22y/o) ++deceased++, {SWC} Viron V45, {filter}Dega/Quiptron sand filter [size: big?]..

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: RIP 22y/o pump - Some opinions/guidance would be most appreciated

The majority of pool pumps have very similar insides so buying "the best" is often a futile exercise.

More importantly, what size pump are you considering and what is the GPM of that filter?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: RIP 22y/o pump - Some opinions/guidance would be most appreciated

Welcome to TFP!

Take a look at the Pentair SuperfloVS 342001 and the Hayward Maxflo SP2302VSP. Both are 1-1/2hp variable speed pumps.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach