Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is it ok to leave solar cover on after adding salt? What should I do after adding sal

1. Back To Top    #1

Is it ok to leave solar cover on after adding salt? What should I do after adding sal

I just added 400lbs of salt into the pool, it's going to be hot the next few days so I want to take an advantage of the heat to warm up the pool. Can I leave the pool cover on during this time?

I added salt to the shallow end and brush the entire pool to distribute the salt. Do I just let it sit and set my pump to run @ full speed for the next 24 hours?
    SF Bay

********20,000 gallon IG Fiberglass, DE Filter, Hayward Max-Flo VS, Taylor TF-100 Test, Circupool RJ-45********

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is it ok to leave solar cover on after adding salt? What should I do after adding

My guess is that it is already dissolved. Leave the cover on.
    16 x 32 17500 gallons
    Vinyl in-ground
    Hayward 250# Sand Filter
    1 HP Pump
    Hayward SWG

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Is it ok to leave solar cover on after adding salt? What should I do after adding

Keep in mind solar cover, worst named thing ever, is intended to reduce heat loss at night.

68,000litre, IG vinyl, LorentzPS 600 Solar Pump & 1/2 HP Tristar, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 SWG
    20000 gallon, IG, SWG, Sand Filter, Hayward 1/2HP + Lorentz direct solsr PV pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by tlevy View Post
    Keep in mind solar cover, worst named thing ever, is intended to reduce heat loss at night.

68,000litre, IG vinyl, LorentzPS 600 Solar Pump & 1/2 HP Tristar, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 SWG

agreed with what you said, but my solar cover DOES work to bring the heat up. I brought the pool up 10 degrees in 2 days w/o turning on the heater. It's been 75-84 degrees this whole week. When it's 90+ for a few days straight, my pool can get real close to 90 degrees no problem. It was 72 ish a few days ago, my pool is 82 as of this afternoon with no heater.

I think it's a combination of both.
    SF Bay

********20,000 gallon IG Fiberglass, DE Filter, Hayward Max-Flo VS, Taylor TF-100 Test, Circupool RJ-45********

5. Back To Top    #5

Fair point. I like to keep mine off in the day in order to let the pool breath and minimize CC build up...

20000 gallon, IG, SWG, Sand Filter, Hayward 1/2HP + Lorentz direct solsr PV pump