Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward s103t filter wont turn on

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward s103t filter wont turn on

Hello my filter and everything was running fine i turned it off to back wash it and put the dile to the back wash setting when i went to turn it on the filter made a loud humming noise and wouldnt back wash or turn on after that...what does that mean what can i do? The filter isnt on at all...this is for a inground pool

2. Back To Top    #2
    Central Minnesota

Re: Hayward s103t filter wont turn on

Welcome to TFP!

After the pump stopped working, did you check to see if it had tripped to circuit breaker or a GFCI associated with the pump? Will the pump turn on and prime if you put the multiport valve back to Filter?
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Montville NJ

Re: Hayward s103t filter wont turn on

How long did you leave it making a humming noise

First check to make sure you have power at the outlet (or that there is power to the feed, if your pump is hard wired)

Next, check to make sure that a on-pump circuit breaker did to trip.

Once you have done that, check to see if the pump is seized (can you spin it manually)
    27' Round ABG (17,000 gal) - +/- 11 hours of full sun per day
    Hard plumbed Hayward Perflex EC-40 DE filter w/ 1 HP pump (Got a new one June 2015)
    Filered 4 hours per day (on a timer)
    Pentair Aqualuminator - now working - and now dead once again, this time for good.
    Zodiac Wahoo