Platinum Supporter
May 16, 2011
TX (~30 miles south of Dallas)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
At what height is the skimmer basket supposed to sit in the skimmer tub? I thought it was supposed to sit as low as possible, but the hairnets I use as skimmer socks make it float up so I was using a rock to make it sink all the way down. Something I just read here made me question this so I thought I should ask. Thanks!

At what height is the skimmer basket supposed to sit in the skimmer tub? I thought it was supposed to sit as low as possible, but the hairnets I use as skimmer socks make it float up so I was using a rock to make it sink all the way down. Something I just read here made me question this so I thought I should ask. Thanks!
If it is just a standard skimmer the basket should be all the way down.

I also use a rock (& hairnets) to keep the basket from floating, I picked one slightly larger than the opening at the bottom in case I drop it, it can't get sucked into the pipe.

Dom

Thanks Dom. I thought I was doing it right, so I'm glad you confirmed it.

Good idea about making sure to have a big enough rock to hold down the basket but not accidentally go down the hole. Mine was big enough but not that heavy because all I could find was limestone, but I just discovered that my Stonescapes Pebble sample tiles do the job perfectly. Pretty too! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.