Pump Suggestion for 33k Gallon Pool w/Sand Filter - Replacing Pentair WhisperFlo

SirBrowning

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 18, 2013
Northwest Florida
So my Pentair Whisperflo WFE-3 - 3/4 HP pump has quit working, new capacitor does not work, when I turn it manually via that nut on the end nothing happens. The external metal housing of the unit is also completely corroded and has turned to powder, so a rebuild probably wouldn't be worth it at this point.

I am looking for suggestions on a high quality, long lasting pump that saves energy. I have been reading and looking and am pretty thoroughly overwhelmed by the options.

I have a Polaris 380 Pool Cleaner with the extra pump, so unsure if this makes a difference on the type of pump to get.

Any pump advice and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

33,000 gallon, chlorine (3" tabs + liquid shock), Vinyl Liner Pool.

Thanks!

I think I mentioned this on your other thread but you could just replace the current motor with a new two speed motor and save quite a bit of money. B2980

Yes for the most part it is pretty easy. It gets difficult when the bolts are rusted or the impeller won't come off the old motor but a strap wrench helps with that. You also need a go-kit

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.