Slightly cloudy water

Jun 6, 2016
Nichols New York
We set up our pool in the middle of June and up until now I've been able to keep the water In good condition. I forgot to add chlorine to the pool and noticed a slight cloudy look to the water. Tested the water to find chlorine basically non existent, ph was a light high but alkalinity was ok. Treated the water to lower the ph and added chlorine. All levels are good now but still water has that slight cloudiness. So my question is will it clear up eventually if I keep all levels stable ?

Hello and welcome!

Do you have a good test kit and can you post some numbers? You should do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test tonight to see if you have algae growing in there. Directions are at the link but the gist is:

Let pump run for at least 30 mins after last addition of chemicals.
After the sun goes down, test FC.
Before the sun comes up in the morning, test FC.

If you lose more than 1.0ppm of FC, you need to SLAM the pool.

Not likely, normal chlorine levels are fine to keep algae out of the water but once you get past a certain amount you are at best keeping things the way they are and at worst losing ground. Best to look in pool school at defeating algae And read the directions for SLAM

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.