Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Main Drain Cover colors

1. Back To Top    #1

Main Drain Cover colors

So I see there is white, grey, and I have seen some that allow the same pebble finish to be added in the middle, are these legal? I did find a couple threads on these saying they don't handle as many GPM? Anyone have experience? I have two mains in the pool and two in the spa. Both pool and spa have 3"PVC suction lines.
    33x19, 3'4"-5'6", 7ft spa, baja reef, 14'x9', 18" deep, 10,668 Gal. Quartzite coping, Stonescape Tropics Blue mini-pebble, abalone & glass beads. Jandy Equip.(JXi heater, 2.7HPVS pump, PLC1400 SWG, CV580 filter, Aqualink, LEDs)
    TF-100, Doheny Discovery robot.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Main Drain Cover colors

We had our pool refinished a few years ago and they replaced the old white ones with grey ones that have a star in the center. We like the grey ones better as the white ones start to fade and turn yellowish after some years. Not sure about the Pebble coated ones but I really don't like the looks of those for some reason.
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

I really like the look of my grey ones!
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

4. Back To Top    #4

Bmoreswim had a link for covers that could be covered with your plaster. It was in another thread, but I can't remember which one. Do you have a channel drain or 2 round drains (Im too lazy to go back and look!)?

We have channel drain and its gray. Originally the plaster company put on black and when the PB saw it he made them come back and change it out. IF I had known about the other drain covers, I would have asked about them. Gray looks fine with my Blue Surf.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

5. Back To Top    #5

Round drains, I found the company, they are ColorMatch, Pool Fittings .com

Now to decide what color goes best with tropics blue. light blue or light grey.

They have 8 different colors.

33x19, 3'4"-5'6", 7ft spa, baja reef, 14'x9', 18" deep, 10,668 Gal. Quartzite coping, Stonescape Tropics Blue mini-pebble, abalone & glass beads. Jandy Equip.(JXi heater, 2.7HPVS pump, PLC1400 SWG, CV580 filter, Aqualink, LEDs)
    TF-100, Doheny Discovery robot.