jberrymd

Jul 21, 2016
edmond, ok
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have searched the threads and haven't found an answer to my question, so here goes...

We have a polaris 280 that barely moves around the pool. I have been checking filters for debris and leaks in hoses as wheels do not turn much when in use. Jet on back sprays magnificently and tail whips like nobody's business, but wheels not so much.

Back up valve works great but I have noticed there is some water coming out during normal operation. Is that common or could it be stealing needed pressure? What else should I check or replace?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum :handwave: I will have to check my backup jet or what ever it is called to see if it has any flow when not pulling the Polaris back, will post back unless someone answers. If the tail is going crazy there is a silver Alan head screw that will turn it down, this will shift some flow to the wheels. There is usually a disk at the return jet where the hose attaches that can be swapped to a larger opening or removed altogether for more flow but I would wait for other suggestions before you go that route.

Thanks for the welcome and the help. I am new to maintaining our pool as we have had a service until recently so this site has helped me a ton!

I also need to find an IC40 to replace my cell that is dead if anyone can suggest a cheap place to buy one.

I checked mine and while water does come out of the backup device it's a dribble not enough to rob forward movement. Some of the parts will wear out over time might want to watch some youtube videos on repair/rebuild for other things to check. Does the booster pump sound normal?

Thanks for checking. Yes normal pump. It is only a few months old. And I know the polaris is getting water as it is rushing out the back and tail. I appreciate the help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.