New to pools, fountain install help

Jul 21, 2016
Conway Arkansas
As the title says I am a new pool owner. The house was a bank repo so I have no history or information about the pool. I did have it inspected and everything restored to proper working order by a local pool company once we took possession. My pool has a vinyl liner and has two return jets on one side and one return on the other. I had to buy new eyeballs and collars for all three jets initially so I know they are 1.5" threaded. I do not know the exact size as I haven't measured it yet.

So, bought a pool fountain from Amazon (Splash-A-Round Pools SEC385 Waterfall Spray Pool Fountain) intending to install it on the "extra" jet. My problem is the fountain has male threads and so does the part coming out of the pool wall. Do I need a coupler or should that male threaded part come out to reveal female threads? I've done some searching on these forums and have seen examples of what my return looks like. But, I'd like to be sure before I go taking things apart and possibly causing me to break something I can't fix myself. TIA for any and all help.

return_small.jpgfountain_small.jpgeyeball and collar_small.jpg

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: If I'm looking at the pics correctly, the bottom pic is your pool's return jet eyeball and the middle pic is the connection fro your new fountain right? Not sure if that new one comes apart.. If not, perhaps just a threaded female coupler would work? Your return jet doesn't leave a lot of male threads sticking-out, but perhaps just enough to get a "bite" on it with a coupler?

Nice to have you with us!

Thanks! I've already learned so much reading the stickies.

I could have done a better job labeling the pics, sorry. Your understanding of the pics is correct. I was thinking coupler as well but the lack of threads you mentioned also concerned me. And, no, the fountain part doesn't come apart.

Instead of trying to attached the fountain to the outside threads on the pool return, I wonder if you could find a straight tube/piece that would slip "into" that return nice & snug for more stability? Then attach the fountain to that piece instead.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.