Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Current switch for SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

Current switch for SWG

I installed intelliflo VS pump and intellichlor IC40. How to turn on/off intellichlor with pump on/off? I did some research on this website and others. I found out that all the designs are over-complicated. Why not just use a current switch only such as this one($21): https://amzn.com/B005CWOAKC? I bought one and will have a try. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    2003 Build 20K gallon salt water gunite IG pool, Taylor 2006 test kit, Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump, Pentair IntelliChlor IC40 SWG, Aquabot ABTTJET Turbo T Jet Robot

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Current switch for SWG

Looks like it will work to me. Keep us updated as to your findings..

I think most people that have the Intelliflo and IC40 also have an automation system to take advantage of the Pentair products abilities, but plenty of people have added a VS pump and would be interested in finding a cheap way to sync the pump and other items.

Thanks for posting.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Current switch for SWG

Thanks. I think even there is automation system, current switch is more reliable because it is much simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimrahbe View Post
    Looks like it will work to me. Keep us updated as to your findings..

I think most people that have the Intelliflo and IC40 also have an automation system to take advantage of the Pentair products abilities, but plenty of people have added a VS pump and would be interested in finding a cheap way to sync the pump and other items.

Thanks for posting.

Jim R.
    2003 Build 20K gallon salt water gunite IG pool, Taylor 2006 test kit, Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump, Pentair IntelliChlor IC40 SWG, Aquabot ABTTJET Turbo T Jet Robot