Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hi folks,

This site has always been great help to me so I'm hoping I can get some information on this.

I am up in Northern Alberta, our above ground pool (33' x 18') liner was damaged from the wildfires and I am looking to get this replaced. We don't have any local companies that specialize in above ground pools in the city, therefor I was having difficulty locating a company to do the job. My insurance company has found a local company who will do the replacement (they specialize in hot tubs). The company seems to be just replacing the liner, my concerns are:
- Since the pool has been sitting empty now for over a month, should the ground be re-leveled / smoothed over
- Is there more to it then simply, replacing the liner. Is there anything that needs to be replaced / installed between the liner and the ground (as they have not included any of this in their quote)
**EDIT**
- The pool water was pretty gross upon returning home, full of ash / soot from the fire. Was completely black. My pump was off but the pool was full and as such, the water would have gone through the pump and sand filter. The valve on my heater was closed so nothing went in there. Would it be recommended to replace the sand in the filter as well?

I am concerned if this company is just doing the jobs because they it is through insurance, without really having the proper tools / skills to do this type of work (their estimate was much lower than I had anticipated). I don't know if I am just worrying for nothing and this is an easy job.

Any feedback / help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

If the pump was off during the time of the fire the sooty water has not been circulated through the filter. Like banditig said, just deep clean the sand filter. When the liner is out check the condition of the sand base. If the pool was level before the fire it should still be level. Make sure the sand base is smooth and they either form a sand cove or use foam cove where the pool wall meets the ground. A cove is required and a standard part of installing the liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.