Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: T3 cell vs T15 cell

1. Back To Top    #1

haines city

T3 cell vs T15 cell

Hello All,

My original SWG came with a T15 cell. I read somewhere that you can use a T3 depending on when the board was made. The sticker on mine says 0609. Any one ever switched and been ok?

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Central Valley CA

Re: T3 cell vs T15 cell

Welcome to forum

Even if a T3 will work with your system (will need someone else to answer that) I would advise against it unless your pool is extremely small. A T3 is rated for a 15000 gallon pool meaning if your pump and cell were on all the time it would produce enough FC for a pool up to that size. If you don't want to run the pump and cell that long then the T15 is the way to go being rated at 40,000 gallons it can produce the same amount of FC as a T3 in about 1/3rd the time thus reducing the amount of run time needed. near 3X the production for less than 2X the price and by extension the cell will last longer.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, built Oct 2015, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, 10GPDStenner for chlorine, 3GPD Stenner for MA, TF-100.